Re: Announce loop-AES-v3.0d file/swap crypto package

Interesting point! Loop-aes provides no option to change the key/password
for a partition. Using dd and two loop-devices is rather risky. What if the
machine just hangs up after 100GB? All data gone?
Well, I asked myself if there is a way to use some >1GB partition (swap or
such) to store the data temporarily and pipe it further through the pipe. In
case of some crash a restore-point could be set and re-encryption restarted
or continued. But I have no idea what to enter in the command line in order
to define how the decrypted blocks can be counted.
For harddisk encryption this would be an interesting thing. Just in case
someone gets a copy of your keyfile you may want do change it.

Regards
Peter

-