Re: Spam spam and more spam - is encartis up to it?

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Toby wrote:
> Phil H wrote:
> > is there a way of locking out the copious crap spam on this mail list

> I suggest you install spamassassin :-)

There actually is a spamassassin installed on the mailing
list server, but its bayes filter wasn't being trained
properly.

I have now made some changes to the script I wrap around
ecartis, to automatically feed email from list members to
sa-learn --ham;  email from non-members is filtered by
spamassassin;  email to spamtraps is fed to sa-learn --spam.

This should keep the bayes filter properly trained and
should improve spam filtering on the list server.

-