Spam spam and more spam - is encartis up to it?

This is a great list and I find the members really
helpful and responsive. Thanks!

However ... I know people have raised it before but
isn't there a way of locking out the copious crap spam
on this mail list ...

Why not only allow subscribers to post to the list or
doesn't encartis do that?

Also, I usually subscribe to webboards etc using a
spamgourmet.com disposable address, so if that gets
sold, trawled or bombed it's no problem.  But encartis
would not let me subscribe to this list with a
spamgourmet account, and it's too easy to reassemble
my email address from posts.