Re: [OT] Re: How to access loop-aes mounted vfat filesystem as non-root user- help required!

Phil H wrote:
> Q: Where can I find the configuration for the kernel
> used on KNOPPIX?
> A: /usr/src/linux/.config or /boot/config-version
>
> Can I point the compilation directly at this file
> rather than the directory containing the MAKEFILE?

Point the kernel source directory to place where _you_ compiled the kernel.
If you have full kernel source and .config (with loop device disabled) at
/usr/src/linux/ directory, then to compile and install that kernel you can
do this:

 cd /usr/src/linux
 mv .config z
 make distclean
 mv z .config
 make oldconfig
 make dep && make clean && make bzImage
 make modules && make modules_install
 cat arch/i386/boot/bzImage >/boot/vmlinuz
 cp System.map /boot/System.map

Then compile loop-AES module for that kernel:

 cd /usr/src/loop-AES-v3.0c
 make LINUX_SOURCE=/usr/src/linux

Then configure your bootloader to boot kernel at /boot/vmlinuz

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-