Re: [OT] Re: How to access loop-aes mounted vfat filesystem as non-root user- help required!

Thanks for the info.  I saw the earlier post but was
hoping to get away with just updating the loop.o
module since the README says:

"If you are just upgrading existing loop-AES with
newer
version, there is no need to recompile kernel or
reboot. Just unmount all file systems using old loop
driver, and remove loop driver from kernel with
rmmod command before compiling new loop driver."

I know that DamnSmallLinux is not a development
environment and not everything will compile properly
on it anyway (and I'm inexperienced). Worth a try
though.

At least one of the 2.6.x kernel knoppix-based livecds
(probably others too????) does contain a more recent
loop-aes (v.2.?) - http://grml.org - and, since it
uses unstable instead of stable, many of the packages
are more up-to-date than mainstream Knoppix. I might
give it a try, but DamnSmallLinux is a favourite with
me.

--- Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>