Re: Basic questions on upgrading loop-aes

hi!

I don't know Knoppix at all. It depends on the kernel if you have to recompile
it. It all depends whether the kernel was compiled with it's own loop device.
Further it must be able to load modules - meaning CONFIG_MODULES=y and
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=n. I would assume, since the old version worked, that you
don't have to do that. Just make sure that the installed sources correspond
to the kernel you're actually running.

In the loop-AES.README it says:

=======

(Re)configuring and (re)compiling your kernel are required for following
reasons: (1) to disable loop driver in your kernel, (2) to get your kernel
sources to match your running kernel, (3) to get your kernel .config to
match your running kernel, (4) to set up configure time generated links
properly, (5) to generate compile time created header files properly to
match your kernel configuration. Failure to fulfill *all* above requirements
may cause loop.o driver compilation to fail or generate incorrectly
operating code.

========

Cheers,

Ben