Re: Basic questions on upgrading loop-aes

Oops sorry - I realised 2 seconds after posting that
the ramdisk loop.o is a SYMLINK (of course) to the one
on KNOPPIX.

I suppose this means I have to remaster the livecd to
upgrade (but presumably do not have to recompile the
kernel?).

--- Phil H <philtickle200@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see from the loop-aes README that to upgrade to a
> newer version you first remove the old loop.o with
> rmmod.
>
> I'm running a Knoppix-based livecd distro all from
> RAM, so the existing out-of-date (loop-aes v1.6i-1)
> loop.o module is in two places:

/KNOPPIX/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/block/loop.o

> and

/ramdisk/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/block/loop.o