Re: How to access loop-aes mounted vfat filesystem as non-root user- help required!

Phil H wrote:

It's dawned (!) on me that this is because I'm using
fat options in the mount line, so mount automatically
assumes it's a (v)fat filesystem.

if you can, don't let mount(8) *guess* what filesystem to mount. as the manpage states:

  "If your data  is  valuable,  don't  ask  mount  to guess."

this is why the -t option is for.

but this has nothing to do with crypto and is basically just unix 101...

--
BOFH excuse #394:

Jupiter is aligned with Mars.

-