Re: How to access loop-aes mounted vfat filesystem as non-root user- help required!

Phil H wrote:
I also notice a benefit of sudo mount: the filesystem
does not seem to have to be specified in the
commandline.

mount as sudo must somehow work this out for itself.

It's dawned (!) on me that this is because I'm using
fat options in the mount line, so mount automatically
assumes it's a (v)fat filesystem.

The downside is I can then no longer mount eg
ext2-formatted volumes using the same script line.

So, either in the mount line or in /etc/fstab, I must
tell mount what filesystem type is to be mounted.

Have you tried the "-s" option?

-