Re: File-backed loop devices and "lock ups"

Thanks for your response.

> well, the computer "locks up" ;-)
> it stops working..

Ah-ha - a system freeze! I thought it must've been
something else.

> ..some data might be lost.

Could keep a backup of the file "volume" and hope for
the best I suppose.

> > and nothing has ever 'locked up'.

My file "volumes" have been on a FAT drives,
loop-devices formatted with vfat or ext2, and are
small say <150MB (not 2+ GB), and I have 1GB RAM< I
don't know if that explains or not why there haven't
been system freezes yet.

>http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0402.1/1718.html

Thanks for the link.