Re: How to access loop-aes mounted vfat filesystem as non-root user- help required!

Ah-ha!!  So it's that simple!  I see that was the main point of Jari's post, also.
I'll try this on Monday - if you don't here from me then the problem is solved.

Now I guess that must be written quite clearly in `man mount` somewhere, but I must have somehow missed it. I'll look again.

How I wish I'd posted here earlier instead of pulling my hair out and constructing wild theories! I suppose this was partly because the online examples I was looking at all seemed to only ever format in ext2.

I've been using linux for only about eight months.

Thanks again for your help and to Jari also. I have other newbie-ish questions also but I'll post these in their own threads.

Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In theory mount should read in all the options from
> this line from /etc/fstab, yes?

As long as you NOT specify a full commandline!
You must let out the mount-point or the Device, otherwise (i guess)
mount won't look into fstab.

With a full command-line in fstab a
mount /dev/fd0
or