Question loop-aes and older loop compatibility

Hi

Got a question.

I just installed loop-aes here to try it, since I only have an older loop
version installed And I fear that I cannot reproduce it when the system ever
crashes. I am trying to figure out, how to get loop-aes to read the old
partitions (which are on DVD - some as container some just as raw data). I
have already installed the ciphers since I need twofish-256 for it.
The original loop only asks for password, not keysize (which is given as -e
twofish-256) and it uses no gpg-keyfile or therelike.

If all goes wrong, I can always get the data down from all DVDs with my old
system and copy it to a new system (either loop-aes or windows "DriveCrypt"
which is my encryption for my workplace), but I'd like to avoid this.

It seems, that cryptography on linux is somewhat complicated with all the
different patched versions of "losetup" and "mount" around - not to mention
the various kernel-patches...
So if loop-aes is not compatible to my old files, I might try 4GB
drivecrypt-containerfiles to burn on DVD for now until I can be sure that my
crypto-files will still be accessible in some years...

Is there no encryption avaiable that will be readable and writeable with
windows and linux?

Ciao
A.W.