Re: SuSE 9.3 64-Bit and problems with booting from usb-stick

Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you post exact error message that you see?

The message doesn´t get logged. It says that /lib/losetup and the other
programs "return an error code". It seems that the stick can´t be mounted at
all.

> Assuming that you created the failing encrypted-root-initrd by running
> build-initrd.sh from loop-AES package, the code that mounts /lib is linked
> statically, and should not fail because of user space library
> dependencies.

Yes, that is my favourite, too. I guess it is because of some library.
Runnig mkinitrd shows that Suse packs several libs into the initrd. From my
kernel.config you can see that I successfully changed the Suse standard
config to build in all driver and code, from IDE support to vfat and ext3.
It has to be something with the libraries.

> > Driver modules: kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_mod.ko
> > kernel/drivers/scsi/sd_mod.ko kernel/drivers/scsi/libata.ko
> > kernel/drivers/scsi/sata_via.ko kernel/drivers/ide/ide-core.ko
> > kernel/drivers/ide/pci/via82cxxx.ko kernel/drivers/ide/ide-disk.ko
> > kernel/drivers/cdrom/cdrom.ko kernel/drivers/ide/ide-cd.ko
> > Filesystem modules:     kernel/fs/jbd/jbd.ko kernel/fs/ext3/ext3.ko
> > Including:      klibc initramfs udev fsck.ext3
>
> Please post your compressed kernel config and build-initrd.sh config.

Both are attached as .gz files.
Thank´s for your help.

Regards,
Peter

--
+++ NEU: GMX DSL_Flatrate! Schon ab 14,99 EUR/Monat! +++

GMX Garantie: Surfen ohne Tempo-Limit! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl