Hardware acceleration for loop-AES?

Dear list,

	is there any hardware acceleration card (something computing AES
at hardware-speed) for the i386 platform, to be used with loop-AES?

Do you know of any such card that could *possibly* be used, after a bit
of driver work?  I'm looking for something on the cheap side, to plug
into my modest system, otherwise I would rather upgrade the whole
computer.  Ie. there's no point in a card that costs like an Opteron +
mainboard + RAM, if you see my point.

Another question: I see that loop-AES comes with an assembly core
optimized for Pentium-2 processors.  Do you think there would be any
sensible speed gain in rewriting/modifying that core to take advantage
of MMX, 3DNow and other such features offered by newer CPUs?

Regards
Toby

PS: First things last :-) a big thank you to Jari and to everyone
involved in loop-AES and preceding projects.  It is a truly useful
piece of software!

-