AW: AW: AW: DVD-ROM encryption

>Note that whatever the file system is it won't be recognized
by most DVD burning software, it looks like a random data stream.<<

What I just have seen is, that there is also a problem with DVD-ROM drives
not recognizing a crypted DVD as a valid medium. It seems because there is a
random stream on it (at least it looks like it), the drive does think it is
garbage and won't allow me to mount. With the DVD-burner, it worked, but I
have that in a different pc than the crypto-setup
Does anyone know how to fix that? or are there some DVD-ROMS who will
recognize the DVDs?

>> The question is how much data fits on DVD? 4.0 or 4.4GB?
>4,700,000,000 Bytes without overburn, about 4.4GB, my current images are
4699996160 bytes.<<

Oh. I never was able to manage to get more than about 4.1 GB on a DVD, since
bigger files caused NERO to warn me of oversized Image file...

About LOOP-AES and AES-PIPE (Why is it called AES anyway - from what I've
read, there are multiple ciphers avaiable not only AES) - are they in the
gentoo-library? I mean, can I install them with gentoos "emerge". I found
aes-pipe:

: emerge search aes
*  app-crypt/aespipe
      Latest version available: 2.2a
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 72 kB
      Homepage:    http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net
      License:     GPL-2

but not aes-loop or loop-aes. I was wondering, if aes-pipe is there why not
the (required?) loop-aes? Or is it hidden?

Ciao
fLares

-