Re: Announce loop-AES-v3.0b file/swap crypto package

Paul Wayper wrote:
jerome etienne wrote:
3 years ago i published a paper describing how an attacker would be able
to modify the content of the encrypted device without being detected.
http://off.net/~jme/loopdev_vul.html

i was just curious about the current state of loop-aes. Is it still
vulnerable to this attack ?

Though I'm not an expert on the code nor have I read through all the previous arguments, I'd say that your '3-year old attack' is not an attack on the loop-AES package nor something that patching it can fix.

the paper describing the attack propose 2 simple ways to fix the vulnerabilities. people, who care that an attacker could modify their content without being detected, may code or poke people who code to implement it

-