Re: Setting up loop-aes: Using util-linux != 2.12i

Greetings,

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 15:34 schrieb Max Vozeler:
> Hi yanosz,
>
> Jan Lühr <jluehr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm still trying to set up util-linux 3.0a. The included patch seems to
> > require util-linux 2.12i, but 2.12p seems to be the latest release.
>
> You can find an updated patch on http://loop-aes.sf.net/updates/
>
> > (Well, there is a patched version of util-linux in debian already, but it
> > supports only loop-aes 2.X)
>
> I know :^)
>
> A new version based on v3.0a and 2.12p is pending upload to unstable.
> If you don't want to patch yourself or wait longer, you can find the
> new package version here: http://debian.hinterhof.net/unstable/
>
> Sarge is probably still going to include loop-AES 2.X. The update to
> v3.0a would need a newer version of util-linux to make it into testing
> first, and this is unlikely to happen before the release.

Yeah, yeah, base freeze - I know. (Freezing the base-system, and waiting
months for security support which is still not established or will be
established in a foreseeable period is quite foolish)

Is there a blocker for not patching 3.0a into sarge's util-linux? (use
base-components from sid in will raise the amount of work quite a lot)

Keep smiling
yanosz

-