Re: Problem with root filesystem encryption

Hello Jari,

> > Are you using a password that has different encodings in UTF-8 and
8859-1?

> > Are you sure that keyboard key mappings are set the same? If I remember
> > correctly .de keyboards use transposed locations for Z and Y characters
> > versus default United States key locations.

The password consists of characters [a..z], [A..Z], [0..9], no z, no y, no
special characters.

> Just to check that gpg is statically linked, can you also provide output
of
> "ldd /bin/gpg /usr/bin/gpg /boot/gpg" command?

Yes. :-)

---cut---
merkur:~# ldd /usr/bin/gpg
        not a dynamic executable
merkur:~# ldd /boot/gpg
        not a dynamic executable
merkur:~# /usr/bin/gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.6
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Unterstützte Verfahren:
Öff.Schlüssel: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Verschlü.: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Komprimierung: nicht komprimiert, ZIP, ZLIB
merkur:~#
---cut---

Michael

-