Re: loop-AES: struct module not found - kernel tainted

--- Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Can you:
> 1) Specify what kernel version you are using.

thomas@brain:~$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.9-1 (thomas@brain) (gcc-Version
3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-13)) #3 SMP Sat Oct 23 21:32:12
CEST 2004

> 2) Specify what modutils and/or module-init-tools
> versions you are using.

thomas@brain:~$ dpkg -l | grep modutils
ii  modutils       2.4.26-1       Linux module
utilities

thomas@brain:~$ dpkg -l | grep module-init
ii  module-init-to 3.1-pre6-1     tools for managing
Linux kernel modules

> 3) Send your full compressed kernel config to me
> privately.
> 4) Try appending USE_KBUILD=y to make command line
> that you used to build
>    loop module and try again.

I skipped the third step and directly tried the fourth
one and the message disappeared. However, I do not
really understand why. This option does not seem to be
in the README. I also noticed that the module was not
automatically intalled as usual, but stayed in the tmp
directory that the make process created.

Anyway - thanks for your help!

Thomas