Re: Howto for encrypted root?

On Oct 19, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Christian wrote:

i parse your mail as "you want to know how to set up an encrypted root filesystem NOT using loop-aes but cryptoloop" - right?

I wrote a sort-of long howto about cryptoloop-based encrypted root at http://www.sdc.org/~leila/usb-dongle

I think it is noted in the TLDP HOWTO.

My efforts focused on a pivot_root boot from a uClibc-based mini-system on a USB flash device. The web site has source code and an example filesystem image.

I never completed the write-up, as I wanted to personally use everything that I documented. I got stuck on the bootable CD, believe it or not, but figured out how to do that just a couple of days ago. So although the document is a year old, I was planning on dusting it off and updating it.

But I must say that I'm in the process of moving my stuff from crypto-loop to loop-AES!

~ boyd

- Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/