Re: PPDD and Linux 2.6.8.1

On Sep 16, 2004, at 12:29 PM, Sakari Ailus wrote:

Okay, the same patch works with 2.6.8.1 also. No changes to code whatsoever. Only some changes relating to the kernel configuration system were made. Of course, it might eat your hard disk for lunch.

Can you explain the advantages of PPDD over the mainline kernel "cryptoloop" (loopback block device encryption via cryptoapi) ?

I experimented with crypto-loop using blowfish or twofish, and it seems quite stable for device-backed loops. Jari Ruusu has raised concerns about encryption key re-use with it, so I'm trying loop-aes now...

A short description of how PPDD is different would be interesting!

Thanks!

~ boyd
Boyd Waters
Socorro, New Mexico