Re: "gpg key file decryption failed"

Hi!

[Christian Kujau]
try to avoid "very" special characters, char-mapping is voodoo anyway.

So even if I (when creating rootkey.gpg) press Shift+5 and on the console a % is shown (German key mapping), and before encrypting / I do the same and also a % is shown, it may happen that when using % in the password it won't work?

How can that be explained?

also they can increase the amount of time of brute-force attacks, you
might have a system later on where you are unable to generate (i.e. type
with your keyboard) these special characters.

Which special characters do you consider safe?

How can I change my passphrase? [...]
Is there a way to create a second valid passphrase (to avoid to lock
me out if the new passphrase won't work)?
[replies by Christian Kujau and Jari]

Thanks. I suggest to add these 2 questions and answers to the loop-AES README, and also possibly some observation about characters which should be avoided in the passphrase.

Regards,

Christian

- Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/