Re: Choosing the passphrase, encrypted swap, naming the kernel

Christian wrote:
>  >> Is there also a way to check that encrypted swap is working?
>  > "cat /proc/swaps" command should show one or more lines starting with
>  > /dev/loop string.
>
> Unfortunately it does not (it mentions /dev/hda5). What else could I do?

If it says /dev/hda5 then swap is not encrypted.

Check that /sbin/swapon and /sbin/swapoff (really a symlink) are from
patched version of util-linux. Also check that the option fields of
/etc/fstab lines do not have any spaces or tabs.

> In /etc/fstab (loop=/dev/loop?), I can replace ? with any number from 0
> to 7, right?

Yes.

Please post full encrypted swap line from your /etc/fstab, with nothing
removed or added.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-