Re: Redhat 9 -> TAOLINUX/RHEL crypto migration

Whooot!

Thanx a lot! I was very very close to try it ;)

I built the loop-aes module and loaded it on the kernel but I was spending time trying to load aes-i586.o because I wanted to add 256bit support to /proc/crypto :(

Works perfectly! thanx a lot again for your clarification which definitely helped me glue things together.

Best,

nettie

Actually patched loop.o wa slarady loade, just had to ty

nettie wrote:

2 years ago I configured an encrypted filesystem on my RH9 server
following the instructions on QVADIS website:

http://www.q-vadis.net/index.php?mID=stories&lng=en&art=5

today I migrated the serve to Taolinux 1.0 http://www.taolinux.org (it's
basically a RHEL rebuild)

and I'm totally screwed :(

[snip]

Thanx a lot in advance for your time guys, I hope someone could help me
sort this up :)

losetup command line syntax that you used is correct for cryptoloop
compatible mode. Just build loop-AES' loop.o module and it will work.

-