Re-encrypting using multi-key (was Re: Upgrading to a 2.6 Kernel on a Loop-AES Machine)

Hi Jari,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 04:28:10PM +0300, Jari Ruusu wrote:

[...]
> Mainline cryptoloop only does single-key mode, which has been broken.
> Since your root partition is using single-key mode, your setup is also
> broken. Re-encrypting using loop-AES multi-key mode is the way to go.

You bring up something I have been meaning to ask for a long time, but
keep forgetting: my hard drive is encrypted using single-key mode. What
is the recommended way of re-encrypting using multi-key mode? Does it
require booting with a rescue disk (Knoppix, for example) and using
aespipe? Any pitfalls to look for?

When I started using loop-AES it did not support multi-key mode so my
only option at the time was single-key, but now that we multi-key I'd
like to increase the security of my setup.

Thanks!

Eloy.-

-