Re: dm-crypt and gpg

On Jul 16, 2004, at 1:53 AM, markus reichelt wrote:

Boyd Waters <bwaters+mac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But probably would NOT protect against watermark (which is
chosen-plaintext attack). Problem there is the treatment of the
per-sector password for the block encryption: loop-AES runs through a
number of iterations, dm-crypt and cryptoloop do not.

Why do you stick with dm-crypt?

After reading about the weaknesses of dm-crypt and cryptoloop I
switched to loop-AES

Well, tomorrow I'm switching to FreeBSD and GBDE...

(I can try to do that with this server because it is dedicated for one purpose only: experimental disk server.)

There may be a way to port GBDE to Linux via an architecture like dm-crypt (which leverages a more-general treatment of block devices, as does BSD GEOM). But I think my first effort to port GBDE would be to Darwin/Mac OS.

Well, I can dream...

~ boyd

Boyd Waters
National Radio Astronomy Observatory