Re: Make gpg-keyfile for already encrypted partition

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 03:29:05AM -0700, Thomas MXller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am successfully using loop-AES package with kernel
> 2.4.25. I have partition that is encrypted with a
> single passphrase. For better security I would rather
> like to use a gpg keyfile, but I do not want to wipe
> the partition and make a completely new setup.
>
> Is it possible to put the passphrase in a gpg keyfile
> and have losetup use this file instead of asking for
> the passphrase itself? How can I create the keyfile?

Step a)
Create a file with the passphrase in a single line with your favourite Editor.

Step b v1) (Simple symmetric encryption)
gpg -c <file>

Step b v2) (Whatever you like best)
gpg <Whatever you options are> <file>

Done. You can use the resulting file as a keyfile.

Bis denn

-