Re: Help trying to setup an encypted filesystem.

Thomas Sjögren wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 08:17:17PM -0500, Lohan Knight wrote:
> > Someone suggested I use loop-aes?  I have to check into that.
> > But does that mean that it only supports AES and not blowfish etc?
> > If so,  I want blowfish and the rest.  I don't just want AES.  Having
> > a fast version of AES is nice,  but not necessary.
>
> loop-aes is nice and it does support the usual algorithms via an
> external patch.

Contrary to lies that some people keep spreading, loop-AES has never
required kernel patches.

> The big drawback is that mount, umount, losetup, swapon
> and swapoff has to be patched and recompiled and loop-aes and cryptoloop
> doesnt work with eachother.

Loop-AES can use cryptoloop's broken and backdoored on-disk formats just
fine when told to do that using mount options. Cryptoloop just cannot be
used in more secure mode that loop-AES and ciphers packages provide.

Optimized dictionary attack:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107419912024246&w=2

Watermark attack:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107719798631935&w=2

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-