Re: Porting MS Cryptography program to Linux

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:15:01AM -0700, Jie Yao wrote:

> Hi, I am sorry if this has been asked before. We have an application using
> Microsoft's Cryptography SDK API. It is in client/server architecture.
> Now, we like to port the client side to Linux. I am totally new in this
> field. Any info or hint would be helpful. Please help.

You might want to investigate either the OpenSSL library, or Peter Gutmann's
cryptlib. Either of those should be helpful, and findable via Google. Those
are entirely suitable for user-space applications.

If you need kernel-space cryptography, I think you'll have to review the
kernel documentation. 2.6 does contain a crypto API, I believe, but I don't
know much about it.

Hope that helps.

-