Re: filesystem on loop-aes on lvm on raid5??

Jari Ruusu skrev:

> I have included one-liner patch for XFS that teaches
> XFS not to send variable length I/O requests to loop

> device. XFS really does not know what kind of device
> is below loop device.
>
> I still see raid code emitting those "switching
> cache buffer size" kernel messages in case #4, but
> case #3 emits those messages too.

Your patch definitely makes this scenario work. I
ran my usual restore-and-verify-script over night
with the patched xfs driver and it all seems ok.

Interestingly I see a lot more "switching cache
buffer size" messages than before - Especially some
strange consecutive switches from 0 to 512 bytes at
mount time.

However, thanks a lot!
Terje

Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på http://no.messenger.yahoo.com/
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom
-