Re: util-linux RPM?

I don't know about using an rpm for it, but I have applied root filesystem encryption to several machines that were either redhat 9 or fedora using the walkthrough at http://linuxfromscratch.org/~devine/erfs-howto.html

Ajay Shekhawat writes:

Folks,

I'm trying to get cyptoloop working on a newly-upgraded 2.4.22 machine
that has RH9 installed. When I setup the cryptoloop FS, I had used
util-linux version 2.11y via RPMs, which came with a whole series
of patches from Redhat. Now, I need to use util-linux v2.12.

What is the best (least risky) way of get kernel 2.4.22 working with
cryptoloop filesystem, on a RH9 machine? I know mucking around with
losetup, mount, etc. could get risky, and I'd prefer not to lose
my filesystem...

Thanks,

Ajay

-
Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/

| grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.stephenson.cc |
| My pgp key is available @ http://www.grant.stephenson.cc/pgp |

-