util-linux RPM?

Folks,

I'm trying to get cyptoloop working on a newly-upgraded 2.4.22 machine
that has RH9 installed. When I setup the cryptoloop FS, I had used
util-linux version 2.11y via RPMs, which came with a whole series
of patches from Redhat. Now, I need to use util-linux v2.12.

What is the best (least risky) way of get kernel 2.4.22 working with
cryptoloop filesystem, on a RH9 machine? I know mucking around with
losetup, mount, etc. could get risky, and I'd prefer not to lose
my filesystem...

Thanks,

Ajay

-