constant checking of Encrypted Root Filesystem

Hi,
I have made a few attempts at getting my laptop to have an encrypted
root filesystem, by following the howto at
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encrypted-Root-Filesystem-HOWTO/index.html
but when booting, I put in the passphrase, and the machine declares the
filesystem was not unmounted cleanly, and puts me into maintenance mode.
In maintenance mode I can see the encrypted filesysytem mounted at /
yet the mount command shows it mounted from /dev/hda3  (which I know is
false because I have already re-formated hda3 ). It seems odd to me that
the encrypted filesystem is mounted, and shows it came from /dev/hda3,
(via mount) but the real problem is that it thinks /dev/loop0 needs to
be cleaned on every boot, but it needs to be done in maintenance mode.

I am running this on Fedora core 1
Any Ideas why it keeps trying to check the filesystem on every boot?

What could I be missing?

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.