Re: ? Encrypted multi-session CD-ROMs

[ Modified and resent as I forgot to cc: the alias ]

Hi,

Many thanks (to you and Dale Amon) for your responses --- I apologise
for the delay in replying.

Whilst I am able to encrypt a single session using aespipe in the
manner you describe, I remain unable to encrypt individual sessions.
Trying to mount them invariably results in the error.

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock

Does anyone know if there is any reason why one should not be able to
encrypt /individual sessions/ on a CDROM? I am using the
international crypto, with the cryptoloop and cipher-aes modules.

Regards,

Jim

Jari Ruusu wrote:

> I am trying to encrypt individual sessions on a CD-ROM using aespipe with
> the
> intention of being able to recover them using the kernel's loop device.
[snip]
> mount -o encryption=aes,loop=/dev/loop0,session=C /dev/cdrw /mnt/data

If you are using mount+losetup from kerneli.org:

mount -t iso9660 -o encryption=aes,keybits=128,loop=/dev/loop0,phash=sha256 /dev/cdrw /mnt/data

Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you. http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess

-