Re: cryptoloop on 2.4.22 won?t work

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:47:34 +0100, Dale Amon writes:
>There is another side-effect. The password taken by
>losetup is no longer the plaintext, but is assumed to
>be already hashed. If you wish to use an old loopback
>file system, you will have to feed your plaintext
>password through "hashalot" and pipe it into losetup.

ahem, that can't be all the truth: i haven't got hashalot
but am currently using my old encrypted partition just the same as
before (ie. typing the same passphrase to losetup) without any
problems.

that's an aes-encrypted partition which had been created using
the cryptoapi-core and cryptoloop packages (sometime between 2.4.18 and
2.4.21) and a standard debian losetup.
now i'm using 2.4.22 with jari's cryptoloop patch and the in-kernel cryptoapi.

so, where are our setups different?

regards
az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
Fachbegriffe der Informatik, Updateitis: Softwarebulemie -- Frank Klemm