Re: cryptoloop on 2.4.22 won?t work

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 03:06:48 +0200, "buzzy" writes:
>I thought that the util-linux packet from debian unstable is
>already prepatched

not yet, unfortunately. see
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=206396>

>for usage of crypto stuff, but anyway if you find the url to this
>patch file i could test it :)

the patch is minimal and contained in that bug report,
and it works (on the machine i'm typing this on at least).
my version of util-linux is 2.11z-1 plus that one patch, which
affects only the mount package.

there's one ugly side effect of that patch, though: losetup now /always/
asks for a keysize and password, even if you want to mount a bog-standard
iso9660 image with no encryption whatsoever.

>In other words: the only kernel patch needed is the jars cryptloop patch ?

correct. also the cryptoloop-source or cryptoapi-core-source packages
are no longer necessary.

regards
az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
You're never alone with a news spool.