Re: Request for comments on "Disk Encryption HOWTO"

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 09:02, Boyd Waters wrote:
> David, I think this is a fantastic document!

Thank you!

> Yesterday I was working on an article about the same subject for the 2.6
> kernels. Have you tried doing any of this with the 2.6 kernels?
>
> Once I get my 2.6 system in order, perhaps I can help expand the article
> for the 2.6 kernels with CryptoAPI encryption?

No, I haven't.  I plan to incorporate whatever feedback I get, translate
the document to DocBook, and submit it to the LDP as version 1.0.  Once
I've done that I invite you to take over ownership of the HOWTO and
update it as appropriate for 2.6.

> The "Hardened Gentoo" security project is looking for a document like
> this, so I've forwarded your announcement to this list. Could we use a
> version of your document for Gentoo documentation?

You have my blessing to make a version for Gentoo documentation.

David Braun

-