Request for comments on "Disk Encryption HOWTO"

I wanted to encrypt my whole hard disk and looked for a method to do
so.  I found methods close to this goal but not quite achieving it so I
made my own method and wrote it up.

I've included it in a new "Disk Encryption HOWTO", intended to supersede
the existing "Loopback Encrypted Filesystem HOWTO" [1].  Please read it
and provide me with criticism, suggestions, and other feedback.  Here
are some things I'm looking for:

        * Sanity check.  Does it make sense?  Am I way off base?
        * Smoke test.  Does the procedure work for you?
        * Weakness.  Could the security be improved in a practical way?
        * Readability.  Do you understand it easily?

The document is here:

        http://mica.nfshost.com/HOWTO/Disk-Encryption/

David Braun

[1] http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Loopback-Encrypted-Filesystem-HOWTO.html