Re: About the crypto patch

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 12:15:33PM -0800, Michael Zhu wrote:
> Hi, I download a International Kernel Patch from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/crypto/v2.4/ . But how can I open it. The patch file is "patch-int-2.4.0.1.gz". After I open it using the WinZip, there is only a patch-int-2.4.0.1 file. I couldn't open it. What is wrong?

What I think is wrong is that you have a very, very great deal of
learning to do.

A linux kernel patch is just a text file, a diff between
the source tree of a standard linux kernel and a kernel modified
for crypto.

I would suggest that you first:

	* Install linux on a computer
	* Learn how to build your own kernel from source
	* Learn how to use the patch and diff utilities
	* Come back and talk to us in about 6 months after
	  you understand the basics.

I can sympathize with the enormous learning curve you
face, but there is very little I or anyone else on this
list could do for you until you've learned a bit more.

Hint number one: a Linux operating system source patch is
of absolutely no use at all on a Windows operating system.

Go forth and study.

    Nuke bin Laden:           Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  improve the global          Islandone Society
     gene pool.               www.islandone.org
-