RE: Announce loop-AES-v1.4e file/swap crypto package

To whom it shall concern:

	I attempted to install and use the Mandrake 8.1 RPMs for the crypto API and
ran into a few issues I am curious about.

1) Are you supposed to get error messages like "already installed" when
doing this?
2) I read the documentation readme that came with the RPMs I downloaded, but
what is the name of the file that has the documentation in the "Doc"
directory in /usr/src/linux?
3) The Binary RPMs (of the kernel) were not usable to me, as I have my root
partition using ReiserFS and these binaries were built absent that module.
However, now that I have to rebuild the kernel (which I don't mind), how do
I verify that all the crypto patches are in place in the source tree?

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Wednesday, October 03, 2001 2:21 AM