Re: big problems after 2.4.10

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Rob McGee wrote:

> I would make a copy of it (the unmounted filesystem container) and try
> fsck.

interesting. i did fsck it under 2.4.9. maybe i'll boot into 2.4.10 and
fsck it again - although it shouldn't make a difference.

> Then I would try booting the old 2.4.9 again to find out if the
> problem is in the filesystem or in the cryptoapi/loop drivers.

everything still works in 2.4.9.

just out of curiosity, has anybody tried using 2.2.x with the cryptoapi
patch. the more i run 2.4.x, the more i think i should just wait a while
for it to get stable.

> I've been working toward the goal of encrypting my entire /home
> partition, then maybe eventually going for the initrd and encrypting
> /. But I had some problems reading some filesystems created with 2.4.9
> and cryptoapi both with and without IV_MODE_SECTOR, so I'm not brave
> enough to proceed yet. :) (This was when still using 2.4.9.)

much braver than i. :)

- brett