announce; monolithic versions of the cryptoapi branch!

Since having kernel modules is not always a good idea, I've started to put
together a handmade kernel patch...

in ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hvr/ you'll find

 cryptoapi-2.4.10-pre4-xfs.diff.bz2/gz

which is taken against the SGI/XFS enhanced 2.4.10-pre4 kernel version;
and

 cryptoapi-2.4.8.diff.bz2/gz

which has been diff'ed against a plain 2.4.8 (it should apply with minor
problems against later kernel versions as well)

I haven't done much testing yet with those patch versions of the cryptoapi
branch, but I don't expect any major problems as the code itself is the
same as the cryptoapi module versions; (either it works from the
beginning, or maybe you'll get a kernel panic when booting or setting up
the cryptodevice...); If you got scared by this statement, then just don't
apply this patch :-)

If you experience any problems, please report them so I can fix them... :-)

ps: there's also a new util-linux-2.11i.patch in that directory, which
includes some contributed fixes/improvements, regarding the keybits
option passing for mount(8)

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: hvr@xxxxxxxxxx       /    Finger hvr@xxxxxxx for GnuPG Public Key