RE: incompatibility problem, please help

Mr. Ruusu:

	I don't question the fact that you may perfectly be correct in your assessment and very accurate in your technical answer, I just mean to say that if I didn't realize that was what you meant, it is also possible others did not either. I doubt anyone was able to read that meaning out of your initial reply.

	I know (as I sometimes do the same the thing) that when you have a high order command of a technical subject, sometimes you just "see" the right answer, and forget to explain all the reasoning. I have not been around the crypto-api so long (as my reply indicated) to know its compatibility history with older kernels. It is quite possible the poster stands from a similar point of view.

	To just tell someone to use your software can sound arrogant or egotistical, however, inclusion of perfectly valid technical reasoning why the crypto-api will not work is a sound technical evaluation and a solution. A fine line perhaps, but as I am sure you are aware a single English sentence can sometimes make the differences between which of the above is perceived by your intended reader(s) of such a post.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Thursday, August 16, 2001 10:32 AM