Cant compile cryptoapi from CVS in cryptoapi.sourceforge.net

Hi
I am rather new in linux programming, and I am having problems with compiling
the CVS source for cryptoapi. There is no configure file in the CVS archive,
and I dont know enough to edit the "old" configure file.

I specifically want to try to compile the tests in the tests directory, to
see how to use the api in "real life", and have tried to include  the "tests"
directory in the source found in http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/crypto/. I have
come as far as making testcip.o but I do not know what to link against to
make it work.

I made testcip with this command - executed in the tests directory:
 gcc  -I../include -I./ testcip.c -o testcip.o

Any help would be appreciated

Søren Kongstad