Re: Standardizing encrypted device formats

Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>IV computation in loop-AES is correct. IV is computed in 512 byte units
>regardless or PAGE_CACHE_SIZE, meaning that each 512 byte chunk has unique
>IV. This is optimal because minimum addressable unit on block devices is 512
>bytes.

	You're right.  I botched the math.  Your calculation produces
the same initial values on systems with a different PAGE_CACHE_SIZE
because the value of the page number will change accordingly.  I
should have tried to include a calculation of an example before claiming
there was a problem.  I apologize for making a misguided posting.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."