problems with 2.4.3.1 patch over 2.4.* with AES

Hello,

I have a filesystem encrypted with AES, 192 bit key. I'm not sure what went
wrong, but one day I was unable to mount the filesystem. It may have been an
update in util-linux, a new kernel, who knows (I update a lot :P).

Anyway, I can't get to my files! If anyone could help me mount the filesystem
I would be much appreciative. Here's the problem:

in fstab:
/data/secure.fs /data/secure     ext2   defaults,noauto,loop,encryption=aes,user  0   0

[22:08:34] [root@xxxxxx] [data]% mount /data/secure
The cipher does not exist, or a cipher module needs to be loaded into the kernel
ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument
[22:08:53] [root@xxxxxx] [data]% modprobe cipher-aes
[22:09:10] [root@xxxxxx] [data]% mount /data/secure
Available keysizes (bits): 128 192 256
Keysize: 192
Password :
The cipher does not exist, or a cipher module needs to be loaded into the kernel
ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument

It will do the same thing if i losetup -e aes /dev/loop0 /data/secure.fs

util-linux is version 2.11g-4 from debian/sid. I don't know if this needs to be
patched, nor where I would be able to find such a patch.

The kernel is 2.4.7, which I just compiled. The same thing happens on any kernel
I've tried (including 2.4.3), so I don't think this is the problem.

Please help me out, these are important files that I should have backed up! :)

Aaron Dale