RE: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

Mr. Ruusu:

	I get the distinct sense that you feel that by choosing the "International
Patch" I am somehow attempting to defame or ignore your work. Mr. Adam
Warner and you seem to be of very differing opinions. I question why you say
the International Patch is broken. I am using the new "2.4.6" version of it
(with a 2.4.6 kernel under Mandrake 8).

a) It installed flawlessly (though I did install the standard Linus version
of 2.4.6 kernel first)
b) I created a loop back device with it, and in fact was able to mkreiserfs
on the device, mount it, and write data to it with crypto above the
mkreiserfs

I am not trying to argue your intelligence or be condescending, but the fact
that you may know (for fact perhaps) that something is broken in the
International Patch, I just wonder what it is? Perhaps the broken portion is
a portion I am not using.

So, I ask then, how is the International Patch broken if I (a newbie to
using this software) was able to accomplish its implementation and use? As
well, why is there very little warning against the installation of the patch
from people on other crypto lists (I searched www.dejanews.com)?

	Can someone tell me:

a) What is broken (specifically)
b) What versions are known (test) to have such failures
c) How definitively does it impact the operation of the remainder of the
I-patch?
d) Why create simply another piece of software as a work around (Loop AES
package) when Mr. Ruusu and others could work with the authors of the
I-patch to effectuate a power and bug-free release with additional features?

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Sunday, July 08, 2001 4:09 PM