Re: AES

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 10:34:54AM +0100, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Emil wrote:
> > util-linux-2.10o.int.patch still doesn't include the AES encryption
> > Anyone plans to do it ?
>
> You can easily add it to the list of known ciphers in
> util-linux/mount/lomount.c
> Then re-compile both mount and losetup.

  I've been looking into what I would have to do to try and enable that.
Right now I'm using serpent (in the readme and in the source, plus
it works), but AES is supposed to be much faster (looking at NIST's
benchmarks).

  You should need to fix it in two places.  crypt_type_tbl which has the
number, text-name and keylength (which I don't know for AES) and lower
for the big switch on lo_encrypt_type, where it would presumably be
included with LO_CRYPT_SERPENT and the rest.

  I've been saving this particular hack for a rainy day, but I think
that is correct.  Most of my losetup-like hacking has been done in my
own personal bootloader and outside of the normal utilities.