ppdd

hi,

I was able to use ppdd to get an encrypted root file system and swap partition. Both the root file system and the swap were formatted with a blocksize of 1024 as suggested.

Is there anyone in this list who is able to get encrypted root and swap that are based on blocksize of 4096?

I am still trying to do that but so far I wasn't able to do so. I understand that using the blocksize of 4096 may not be so efficient for random access. More will have to be decrypted before u can get to the part of the block that U want. The reason I want to do this is just for seeing the difference, and maybe able to encrypt some existing data which is actually a linux installation from redhat 6.2 which by default formats the partition with a blocksize of 4096.

Thanks &

Happy Thanksgiving

Louis

_____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com