Re: Int Crypto Patch and FreeS/Wan

William Ahern wrote:

> I have the 2.2.17 kernel, 2.2.17.9 international kernel patch and frees/wan
> 1.6. any tips on how to get it to compile? DES, MD5 and SHA1 routines
> seems to be conflicting. everything compiles fine until it hits these....
>
> i ran the freeswan-import script.... no beans....

<snip>

The freeswan import script is/was for freeswan 1.1. I would be impressed
if it still worked for 1.6. Please provide more details such as exact
error messages. Another option is to make the freeswan install first,
then patch the kernel (which should have been patched with freeswan
stuff be the freeswan installation) with the kernli patch. because the
latter is highly localized, you can expect fewer and easier rejects, if
any.

If the patching isn't the problem but only compilation is then try to
disable DES, 3DES, and message digests in the crypto options menu. It
won't hurt because freeswan doesn't use'em anyway.

Marc